Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

2 Bloggy Awards, Oh My!

Many thanks to Mrs. Livers over at Starring in First Grade and also Laura at Oh, How Pintearesting!  They nominated me for these 2 awards!



So, 7 random facts. I'm all sorts of random.......

1) I play roller derby in my free time.  This is my 3rd season with the Bayou City Bosses, and I love it....even though it causes me to be broken most of the time.  Between the bumps, bruises, blood, sweat, and tears....I wouldn't trade it for the world!
2) I have a twin brother, although we don't look anything alike.  Well, maybe a little, but last time I checked I wasn't 6'3" with blonde hair and blue eyes....

3) I'm love to cook.  In fact, my derby name Rachael Rayge is in homage to my fave celebrity chef...Rachael Ray :)

4) Speaking of Rachael Ray..this is my random claim to fame


5) I am addicted to gummy worms.  Whoa am I kidding...I'm obsessed with gummy ANYTHING!!

6) I can write with both hands.  I am a closet lefty, but prefer my right hand to write with. Although, it does freak my kiddos out when I switch hands mid-sentence.....mwuahahahahaha! 

7) Snoozing yet?!  I have the cutest dog in the world who doubles as my class pet.  Bertie is a toy fox terrier, and she comes to school with me almost every day :)

Here are the 5 blogs, and I'm going to follow Laura's example and combine them.
1. Sparkles, Smiles, and Student Teaching - sparkles AND a new teacher?!  LOVES IT!!
2.Ms. L's Whole Brain Teaching - I'm a huge fan of whole brain teaching.
3. A series of First Grade Events - looks super cute
4. Who's on First - lots of great information & ideas
5. First Grade Found Me - because first grade found me too
6one more...just because
6. Teaching with Moxie - her classroom theme will be owls; mine will be hooters :)



For receiving One Lovely Blog award, I have to:
1. Follow the person who gave me the award - already doing!
2. Link back - see first sentence or here
3. Pass to 5 bloggers and let them know that they have received the award.

For receiving the Versatile Blogger award, I have to:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated me - done
2. Include a link to their blog - Oh, How Pintearesting!, one more time,  And Starring in First Grade!...they each nominated me for this one *blushing*
3. Include the award image in my post - see above
4. Give 7 random facts about myself - see below
5. Nominate 5 other bloggers for the award
6. When nominating, include a link to the blog
7. Let other bloggers know they've been nominated


7 comments:

  1. WOW! You are a celebrity! How cool to meet Rachael Ray. Big congrats on loosing the weight. You look great!!

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  2. and WOW! on the roller derby - you are a busy woman!

    Oh, How Pintearesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Roller Derby teacher! Awesome. I've been to quite a few bouts here where I live. (Naptown Roller Girls) I think I'd be D.Tension...haha

    Cute blog! I found you on the hop.

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Bertie! My kids last year asked me every day to bring my cat to school- I wish I could! And if I had balance, I would totally be a derby girl!

    Thanks again for the award and shot out!

    dede
    A Series of First Grade Events

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, Thank you so much for the nomination! It so nice to be recognized by a fellow owl lover! I can't get in my classroom until Aug. 6th, but when it's done I'll post some pictures! Thanks, again!

    Diane
    Teaching with Moxie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the award Carrie! I blogged about it today and linked back to you if you would like to check it out. I can't wait to read more posts from you :)
    Best wishes!

    Miss L (WBT Blog Bug)
    Miss L’s Whole Brian Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the awards, Carrie! I really appreciate it. I just posted about it. Your dog is so cute! It must be so much fun to take him to school with you.
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete